Brevard County Real Estate Articles
Brevard County Real Estate Forecast 2020
The Brevard County residential real estate forecast for 2020 is one that’s pretty active and will probably enjoy a strong performance over the course of the next several months. In fact, if current trends and history are any real indicators, the residential real estate market in Brevard County will not only stay stable and active but increase through 2020 and perhaps, well into next year. Read on to learn more about the Brevard County residential real estate forecast for 2020 and what’s most likely to unfold in the not too distant future.
The Brevard County residential real estate forecast for 2020 currently looks to bring the market closer to an outright sellers’ market. Right now, it’s considered a sellers’ market, but, with falling interest rates, that could well change over the next few months.
At this time, the median home value in the Brevard residential real estate market stands at $232,285. This represents an increase of nearly 3 percent over the past twelve months. Presently, real estate industry experts and economists alike believe that home values will rise even further, by about 4 percent over the course of 2020.
Meanwhile, the median list price in the market is now $120 per square foot, which is the same as the overall metro area. The median list price in Brevard County now stands at $259,900. However, the median selling price in the area is $229,200.
Right now, the median rental rate in Brevard County is $1,495 per month, which matches the median rental rate for the larger Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville Metro area.
As for distressed properties, meaning short sales and foreclosures, which play a negative role in non-distressed properties, these represent only a small fraction. Currently, the mortgage delinquency rate in the area is just 1.1 percent, which is also the same as the national average. Meanwhile, the percentage of homes with negative equity or are underwater, stands at 4.9 percent.
With the expected rise in home values and the current strength of the local residential real estate market, Brevard County will likely experience more robust activity that could lead to an unbalanced market that heavily favors sellers. But, with falling interest rates, homeowners have the option to refinance and remodel instead of selling. Additionally, this will entice more people to enter the homebuying process.
With current and historical trends underway, Brevard County will enjoy a strong performance through 2020.
Palm Bay Real Estate Forecast 2020
The Palm Bay residential real estate forecast for 2020 has a very bright outlook. In fact, it's probably one of the best in the entire Sunshine State, even in the country. That's due to the fact the market is nearly at perfect parody between buyers and sellers and home values have risen steadily but not entered into an unsustainable bubble. Read on to learn more about the Palm Bay residential real estate forecast for this year.
The Palm Bay real estate market is one that offers a lot for an inexpensive price. Here, home prices or quite affordable and it still has all of the nest that Florida living has to offer.
Situated on the east coast of the peninsula, partially bordering the Atlantic Ocean, Palm Bay is a great community, offering a combination of urban, suburban, and rural environments. Here, residents enjoy many different types of recreational opportunities, as well as shopping, dining, live entertainment, and much more.
Currently, Palm Bay is considered a balanced market. This means that neither buyers or sellers have a distinct advantage in the market, putting them on nearly equal footing.
Located to the south of Melbourne and a bit further south of Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach, Palm Bay spans nearly 69 square miles in size, with a population of just over 114,000 residents.
Right now, the median home value in Palm Bay is $187,889. That's certainly under the national figure, which is in the low to mid $200s.
Residential home values in Palm Bay have risen 3.6 percent over the course of the past year. And, industry experts and economists predict home values to increase by another 4.7 percent over the course of the next twelve months.
The median list price in Palm Bay per square foot currently stands at $94. While the overall median list or asking price is at $193,950. Presently, the median selling price in Palm Bay is $181,100.
The median rent price in Palm Bay is $1,375, just a tad under the Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville Metro median of $1,500.
The delinquent mortgage rate in Palm Bay is now at 1.3 percent -- slightly lower than the national average of 1.1 percent. At this time, about 5.2 percent of all Palm Bay homeowners are underwater in their mortgages, higher than the Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville Metro average of 4.9 percent.
Brevard County Tourist Attractions
Brevard County tourist attractions range from enjoying the beach to seeing exotic animals up close, to visiting outer space. (Okay, you won’t actually go into outer space, but you can learn and experience a lot about our solar system and universe.) Plus, there’s a lot more to see and do in Brevard County. So, let’s take a quick look at what there is to see and do in Brevard County, Florida.
Brevard County tourist attractions are some of the best in the country. In fact, the area is one of the most visited in the entire nation. That’s due to what’s here and its natural geography.
What’s more, Brevard County is home to Titusville, which is the heart of the Space Coast. Located along the Atlantic Ocean on the east coast of the Florida peninsula, Brevard County spans an impressive 1,557 square miles in size and has a population of more than 596,800+ residents. The county was founded in March of 1844 and is a favorite tourist destination for people from all over the country.
So, what is there to see and do in Brevard County? What are the best tourist attractions in Brevard County that are a must? Here are the top destinations to check out:
- Cocoa Beach. Cocoa Beach is one of the best places in the area to visit. The pier is a favorite attraction on Cocoa Beach. But, that’s not all. Here, you’ll enjoy sunbathing, walks in the sand, and much more. There’s usually live entertainment at the hotels along the beach and of course, you can always get into the water.
- Brevard Zoo. This natural getaway spans 75 acres in size and is home to over 900 hundred different animals from several locations, including Florida natives, South America, Asia, Africa, and even as far away as Australia.
- Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum. Located at the Space Coast Regional Airport in Brevard County, this attraction is huge, being housed in a 30,000-square-foot hangar. It’s very impressive to see the aircraft and to learn about the history of aviation.
- Jetty Park. Located in Port Canaveral, this is where you’ll find a fishing pier and a campground. It’s right next to numerous cruise ship terminals and has boat ramps, along with an exploration tower.
Finally, Brevard County is home to the NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. It’s a remarkable place to visit, learn, and experience the wonders of outer space and travel and exploration.
Importance of Using a Professional to Manage Your Rental
The importance of using a professional to manage your rental simply can't be understated. In fact, too many property owners make this mistake and seriously lined up regretting their decisions. Why? Because unless you have years of experience in this particular field of real estate, there are just too many unknowns. That is to say, numerous pitfalls that you are not expecting but we'll have to deal with, regardless if you want to or not. Read on to learn more about the importance of using a real estate professional to manage your rental.
There's simply no question it is very important to use an experienced pro to manage your rental property, no matter if it's your first time, or you have some experience in the world of residential real estate. Here are a few compelling reasons why it is so very critical to have a professional manage your residential property rental:
- It's a full-time job, regardless of what you might think. This very notion is what gets so many first-time property investors in over their heads. They mistakenly think that managing a rental property is something that takes little to no effort, and only a couple to a few hours of their time. Nothing could be further from the truth. It requires a substantial amount of time and has heard and many more hours than you probably believe it does.
- It is well worth the investment. That's right, just like owning a rental property is an investment, so to his having a professional manager for you. Of course, it seems less expensive on paper to handle the management on your own, but in practice, it simply won't work out in a real-life situation. Every successful investment property owner knows and appreciates having a professional manager handle their rentals. It's their secret sauce in having income-producing properties.
- It's a very difficult job. sure, it sounds great to buy a rental home, lease it out, and just let the checks roll in. But that's not indicative of reality. You will face vacancy periods, eviction situations, emergency repairs, tenant screening, property showings, late rents, and a whole host of other undesirable scenarios.
What's more, this isn't even an exhaustive list. It's only a sneak peek into the world of rental property management. This is why it is so very important to have a professional manage your rental. The benefits far outweigh any monetary cost in the end because it is his or her job to make sure it is a lucrative investment for you.
Melbourne Real Estate Forecast 2020
The Melbourne real estate market forecast for 2020 looks like a fairly bright one. Based on the trends experienced over the course of the past year and what’s most likely to repeat as it does most every year, at the start of the new year, the community of Melbourne will probably have a strong year in the residential real estate market. With all that’s known and what’s most likely to occur, there are good things on the horizon. Read on to learn more about the Melbourne real estate market forecast of 2020.
The Melbourne real estate market forecast for 2020 is already off to a strong start, thanks to the trends that have already unfolded in the past several months.
Located in the central portion of the state of Florida, along the east coast of the peninsula beside the Atlantic Ocean, the town of Melbourne was first settled in 1867 and incorporated in 1888. Spanning 45+ square miles in size, with a population of about 82,000+ residents, Melbourne is one of the more affordable places to live in the Sunshine State.
Enjoying well over 250 days of sunshine and having super mild winters, warm and balmy summers, and spectacular fall and spring seasons, Melbourne definitely delivers on this front. But, it also boasts a relatively inexpensive real estate market.
Right now, the median home value in Melbourne stands at $194,000. Over the course of the past year, property values have risen by approximately 3.6 percent. Meanwhile, industry experts predict house values will increase by about 3.3 percent over the course of the next year.
The median list price per square foot in Melbourne stands at $166, which is slightly less expensive than the Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville Metro average of $117. Meanwhile, the median list price is $273,000. Although, the median selling price is $214,800. At present, the median rent price in Melbourne is $1,500 per month, which is at parity with the overall metro area.
Currently, the balance between buyers and sellers is near parity, with the market slightly favoring sellers over buyers. Meaning, it’s not really a sellers’ market but one that’s just about balanced between the two.
Mortgage delinquency in Melbourne is lower than it is in the nation, currently at 0.8 percent, with the countrywide average at 1.1 percent. Also, the number of underwater homeowners stands at 4.8 percent.
Palm Bay Real Estate Forecast 2019-2020
The Palm Bay real estate forecast for 2019 through 2020 looks very good. In fact, if current trends hold up -- which all indications should continue -- the Palm Bay residential real estate market will be a strongly performing one through the course of the next year. Read on to learn more about the Palm Bay real estate forecast for 2019 through 2020.
The Palm Bay residential real estate forecast for 2019 through 2020 is already off to a great start. In fact, previous trends over the past few months clearly show this to be true.
Located on the central east coast of the Sunshine State in Brevard County, Florida, Palm Bay is a relatively small community, with a population of little over 103,000. (However, it is the largest city in the county by Populus.) It’s home to Turkey Creek and the Indian River. Plus, it partially runs along the shoreline of the Atlantic Ocean.
About the Palm Bay Residential Real Estate Market for 2019 and 2020
The Palm Bay residential real estate market has enjoyed steady growth over the course of the past year. It increased home values about 4.5 percent over the past twelve months. Real estate professionals and economists alike predict it will continue to climb over the next year by nearly 3 percent.
At this time, the median price per square foot in the community of Palm Bay stands at a very affordable $94. This is lower than the larger Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville Metro average of $117 per square foot.
Currently, the median listing price for residential properties in Palm Bay is $194,9000. Meanwhile, the median selling price in the area is $181,900.
Presently, the median rent price in the city of Palm Bay comes in at $1,400 per month, lower than the overall metro number of $1,500.
Right now, the residential real estate market is a balanced one, with almost complete parity between buyers and sellers. This is very good news as it benefits both home sellers and home buyers, as well.
The mortgage delinquency rate in Palm Bay stands at 1.3 percent. This is just a tad higher than the national average of 1.1 percent. Additionally, the number of underwater properties in Palm Bay is 5.2 percent, while the metro figure is just slightly lower, at 4.9 percent.
As you can see, the Palm Bay real estate market is a terrific one.
Melbourne Florida Cost of Living
The Melbourne Florida cost of living is very affordable. In fact, it’s even less expensive than many of the more populated areas in the Sunshine State. But, it’s also one of the best places on the peninsula to call home. Read on to learn more about the cost of living in Melbourne Florida.
The Melbourne Florida cost of living is one of the least expensive places to live in the entire state that has all the modern conveniences.
Located to the southeast of Orlando on the east coast of the state, Melbourne is home to the Eau Gallie Arts District, on the Indian River Lagoon, Howard E. Futch Memorial Park, and the Brevard Zoo.
Settled around 1867 and incorporated as a village in December of 1888, Melbourne spans over 43 square miles and is home to approximately 82,800+ residents and nearly 39,000 households.
Now, as for the cost of living in Melbourne Florida, we’ll compare it by establishing a baseline of 100 for the national average. Meaning, any category scoring below 100 is less expensive, while any category coming in over 100 is more expensive. Here’s a breakdown of the Melbourne Florida cost of living:
- Transportation. The cost of getting around Melbourne comes in at a score of 95.3. That’s more affordable than the national amount and the state number of 130.
- Groceries. For groceries, residents in Melbourne pay less than the national figure and the state number of 101.5, coming in at a score of 96.7. That’s good news, considering this is so fundamental to day to day living.
- Healthcare. Here’s some more good news, the cost of healthcare in Melbourne is also below the national number, with a score of 96.8, a point below the statewide average.
- Housing. Perhaps the best thing about living in Melbourne is the fact housing is very affordable. Melbourne scores 97.1 on the scale, which is below the national figure and well below the state of nearly 119.
- Utilities. We all know utilities can eat up a good part of a household budget but in Melbourne, this expense is also less than the national number, with a score of 97.3 and under the state figure of 101.3.
- Miscellaneous. Here again, Melbourne is less expensive, coming in at 98.7, also less than the national amount.
Overall, Melbourne scores 97, which is below the countrywide cost of living and also below the statewide cost of living, which scores 101.5.
Brevard County Florida Cost of Living
The Brevard County Florida cost of living is quite affordable. In fact, when compared to the national average numbers, it’s right in-line and only slightly more expensive in just one out of six categories. So, let’s take a look at the Brevard County Florida cost of living and how it compares to the rest of the counties around the Sunshine State and to the countrywide figures.
The Brevard County Florida cost of living comes in at an overall rating or score of merely a tad more than all the national average sums.
Located on the east coast of the middle of the Florida peninsula, Brevard County makes up the Palm Bay–Melbourne–Titusville, FL Metropolitan Statistical Area. Its population is about 540,000 residents, making it the tenth-most populous county in the state of Florida. Brevard County is home to Titusville, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and Cocoa Beach. It runs along the Atlantic Ocean on its eastern barrier, with the Indian River and Banana River in between the mainland peninsula.
Now, let’s get onto the Brevard County Florida cost of living. For reference, we’ll use a baseline of 100 for the national number. So, anything above is more expensive, while anything below is less expensive. Here’s how the cost of living in Brevard County stacks up:
- Food. The cost of groceries in Brevard County scores 96.7, compared to the state number of 101.5 and the countrywide figure of 100. This means the cost of groceries in Brevard County is less expensive than the state and the nation.
- Healthcare. The cost of healthcare in Brevard County also comes in under the national and statewide figures, at 96.8. So, healthcare is more affordable in Brevard County.
- Utilities. Also under the state and national numbers is the cost of utilities, which scores 97.2 in Brevard County, compared to 100 nationally and 101.3 statewide.
- Transportation. Additionally, the cost of transportation in Brevard County is less expensive than it is across the country and much more than across the state of Florida. Transportation comes in at 99 in Brevard County, compared to the country average of 100 and the state number of 130.
- Miscellaneous. For miscellaneous costs, Brevard County is nearly equal to the national number of 100 at 99.9 but just a tad more than the state figure of 96.9.
Housing is the only exception, with a score of 107.4 in Brevard County, which is still less than the state at 118.7.
Melbourne Florida Real Estate Forecast
The Melbourne Florida real estate forecast outlook predicts good things ahead. It also shows there’s a strong residential market here. But, there’s quite a bit more to learn about the Melbourne Florida real estate market and its outlook going forward into the future. Here’s a look at the current condition of the Melbourne Florida real estate market and what to expect over the next several months.
The Melbourne Florida real estate market is a healthy one and one that’s expected to show strong trends into the foreseeable future.
Located on the east coast of the Florida peninsula in the middle part of the state, just southeast of Orlando, it borders the Indian River. Just beyond its shoreline is a barrier island, with Melbourne Beach to the south and Patrick Airforce Base slightly to the north.
The weather here is wonderful, featuring warm, balmy summers, ultra-mild winters, and delightful spring and fall seasons. Given its geographic location and outstanding climate and weather, it’s no wonder Melbourne is such a desirable place to live.
Currently, the Melbourne Florida real estate market is a bit on the cool side. Meaning, it’s lending a slight margin of favorability to buyers over sellers. However, it’s still not far from a balanced market.
Presently, the median home value in Melbourne stands at just over $191,000. Over the course of the past year, home values in the area have risen by about 5.5 percent. Real estate industry experts and economists alike agree the local market will increase by nearly 2 percent over the course of the next year.
Meanwhile, the median list price per square foot in Melbourne stands at $117. That’s approximately equal to the Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville Metro average. At this time, the median price of homes listed is almost $272,000, with the median selling price being just over $225,000. Also, the median rent price in the community of Melbourne stands at $1,500, which is at parity with the Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville Metro area.
Another good sign for the Melbourne Florida real estate market is there are relatively few distressed properties on the market or coming onto the market. (Distressed properties are short sales and foreclosures.) Right now, the mortgage delinquency rate is a mere 0.8 percent, while the national average is 1.1. So, it’s lower and that figure in Melbourne should not rise or fall much over the course of the next year.
As you can see, the Melbourne Florida real estate market is a healthy one and one that’s affordable and accessible.
Benefits of Owning a Vacation Rental in Brevard County Florida
There are several benefits of owning a vacation rental in Brevard County Florida. Among the top is location, adding to your net worth, and leverage for the acquisition of other properties. But, there are more benefits to owning a vacation rental in Brevard County Florida.
What might surprise you is just how affordable it is and what you can get out of a vacation property. So, let’s take a look at the top reasons to invest in a vacation rental in Brevard County Florida.
There are a few things to know about having a vacation rental property in Brevard County. It’s more than just owning real property, it’s about gaining a strategic asset which can really help to build wealth and provide another stream of income. Here are the biggest advantages of owning a vacation rental property in Brevard County Florida:
- The location is king. You’ve no doubt heard the term real estate is all about three factors: location, location, location. And, it’s undeniably true. Location means everything in real estate. After all, it’s why a small, mediocre home is worth so much more by the ocean than it is in a landlocked neighborhood near an industrial park. Fortunately, Brevard County has plenty to offer when it comes to location. Situated on the east coast of the peninsula, just to the southeast of Orlando, Brevard County is in one of the best locations in the entire Sunshine State.
- Acquisition costs are affordable. It’s a common misconception that owning a home in Florida, particularly in a place like Brevard County is just out of reach. Fortunately, this notion isn’t true. There are always several opportunities to buy a house here at a substantial discount. All it takes is a little patience and some strategic thinking. Sooner or later, you’ll come across properties in which you can buy below market value and turn anyone into a vacation rental house.
- Appreciation and equity are great. Because Brevard County is in such a wonderful location, property values are strong and have a long track record of good performance. That means an opportunity to get into the market and enjoy steady gains in value, building up a big amount of equity over time.
- A dedicated place to stay. Of course, you can always take time to enjoy the property yourself. When it’s time to take a break and get away, you have a place just for you.
Palm Bay Florida Cost of Living
The Palm Bay Florida cost of living is one that is quite affordable. Located in Brevard County on the east coast of the peninsula just to the south of Melbourne and to the north of Vero Beach, Palm Bay is the largest city in the county.
It is also part of the Palm Bay−Melbourne−Titusville Metropolitan Statistical Area, with a population of approximately 110,000 residents and more than 45,000 households. So, let’s take a look at the Palm Bay cost of living and see how affordable it really is, especially compared to like communities around the country.
The Palm Bay cost of living has some nice surprises in its details. With a baseline score of 100 for the nation and the state of Florida, Palm Bay rates at about 96.8 on the scale. Here’s a breakdown of the cost of living in Palm Bay:
- Among the most affordable of all categories, the cost of housing in Palm Bay stands at 90.3, compared to the nationwide number of 100 and the statewide figure of 188.7. The median home cost in Palm Bay runs $177,700, with the state median home cost coming in at $225,200. For comparison, the national median home cost is $219,700.
- The cost of food in Palm Bay scores 96.7, with the statewide number coming in at 101.15 and the countrywide figure at 100. This helps to make Palm Bay one of the more affordable places to live in the Sunshine State.
- In Palm Bay, the cost of healthcare runs 96.8, below the statewide number of 97.8 and the national figure of 100.
- There’s no question utilities play a substantial role in every household budget. Palm Bay residents enjoy a more affordable cost in their utilities, scoring 97.7, with the statewide number at 101.3 and the countrywide figure at 100.
- For miscellaneous expenses, the cost in Palm Bay runs at 99.7, just above the state number of 96.9.
- This is the only category that exceeds the national number but is still significantly less than the statewide figure. Transportation costs in Palm Bay come in at 103.5, with the state at 130 and the countrywide score of 100.
As you can see, Palm Bay is really one of the most affordable places to live. Combined the low cost of living with strong property values and terrific weather, makes it a fantastic place to call home.
Advantages of Living in Melbourne Florida
The most attractive places to live, work and play in the Sunshine State.
Located on the east coast of the peninsula just to the southeast of Orlando and to the north of Vero Beach and Palm Bay, Melbourne is home to the Eau Gallie Arts District, Foosaner Art Museum, and Howard E. Futch Memorial Park. And, this community has a lot to offer.
There are many benefits to living in Melbourne. Not only because it’s in the state of Florida, but also because it has a lot for its residents (and visitors alike). Here in Melbourne and just beyond, which is also home to the Brevard Zoo and the Rossetter House Museum and Gardens, there are some really big advantages to living here:
- Location, location, location. Okay, let’s begin with the obvious. There’s definitely more than one good reason about one thousand people move to the state of Florida a day. And, Melbourne really delivers when it comes to location. It’s just a short drive away from Orlando and south of the Space Coast, just to name two.
- Relatively low cost of living. The state of Florida boasts a relatively low cost of living. Here, groceries and many other days to day expenses are generally at parity or cost less. Property taxes are also quite less There are several big benefits of living in Melbourne Florida. In fact, it’s one of the expensive than the northeast and west coast.
- Wonderful weather and climate. Obviously, the weather here in Melbourne and the entire peninsula is nothing short of spectacular. Sure, the summer months are warm and balmy. But, winters are super mild and spring and fall are absolutely delightful.
- No state income tax. Another benefit of living in Melbourne is taking advantage of some substantial tax savings. Here, there is no state income tax. Meaning, you keep a lot more of what you work so hard to earn.
- Good schools and nearby conveniences. The community of Melbourne is known for its good schools. This makes it a great choice for families. Not to mention the fact there’s always easy access to shopping, dining, and day to day needs, like groceries and household items.
- Strong property appreciation. Of course, being in the state of Florida, that means there’s a long-running history of strong property appreciation.
As you can plainly see, there are some very good reasons to live in Melbourne, Florida.
Renting Pros and Cons
Renting vs buying in 2019 means looking at both scenarios and understanding a few basic things about each. Should you rent or buy this year? And, why is one the right choice over the other? Usually, buying is the smarter way to go. In general, buying offers more than renting, including helping to build wealth. However, in some situations, renting, at least for the short term, makes more sense. So, let’s take a look at renting versus buying in 2019.
Renting vs Buying in 2019
This year, most experts predict the residential real estate market will cool off a bit. Of course, this isn’t true for every market, city, and town. But, in general, the real property market will slow slightly. And, that’s a good thing, especially for would-be home buyers. Believe it or not, it’s also a blessing in disguise for home sellers because it means more opportunity for them.
Should you rent in 2019 or should you jump into the real estate market and buy a home? Well, you’ve got to first look at your own personal position. Then, consider outside factors.
Renting means not having to worry about paying for repairs. It also means having the freedom to move on short notice. Also, renting is a great way to lower the cost of housing buy leasing something that’s relatively inexpensive.
However, when you rent, you don’t own, which means your money is going strictly toward putting a roof over your head. That’s a loss because you’re not building equity and gaining property appreciation. Plus, the rent will likely increase every year, costing more and more.
Also, when you rent, you’re limited to what you can do to the property. You can’t customize a rental very much.
Buying Pros and Cons
If you buy a house, you do have to pay for repairs and routine maintenance. (But, you do most of the latter when you rent, anyway.) Owning means paying insurance and interest. Although, this amount is probably equal, a tad bit more, or even slightly less than renting a comparable place. Here are some other benefits of owning a home:
- You build equity and gain appreciation. That’s great for your bottom line and it helps to build wealth over time.
- You lock in the cost of housing and will eventually pay off the mortgage, further reducing your housing costs.
- You’re able to make your home your own and customize it to your liking, wants, and needs.
Things To Do In Melbourne Florida
Things to do in Melbourne Florida range far and wide. Meaning, there’s something for everyone here. So, whether you’re briefly visiting for the first time, vacationing for a week, or considering relocating, Melbourne has a lot to offer.
Being in a subtropical climate, located on the east coast of Florida, just southeast of Orlando, it’s ideally situated on the peninsula of the Sunshine State. And, its location makes it one of the best places in the state to live, work, and play. Speaking of play, let’s look at some of the top things to do in Melbourne, Florida.T
Melbourne is located in Brevard County, boasting a population of 76,000+ people. Also known as the Harbor City and Midway City, it was originally settled in 1867 and incorporated in December of 1888.
Today, it’s a bustling area but still has deep ties to nature. So, here are some of the best things to see and do in Melbourne:
- The Brevard Zoo. Home to more than 650 animals, this zoo boasts both a South American and African theme. It’s home to 22-acre wetlands and an expedition area that’s 10 acres in size. There’s even a zip line for the most adventurous. And, most people really enjoy the kayaking sightseeing experience.
- Historic downtown areas. That’s right -- plural. Historic downtown areas include destinations such as Titusville, Cocoa Village, Cocoa Beach, and, of course, Melbourne. All have something to offer. From art galleries to shopping, entertainment, dining, and a whole lot more.
- The Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge. Here, you’ll find one of the single most important nesting areas for the loggerhead sea turtle. There’s a three-quarter foot trail to walk and even a lagoon to enjoy.
- Melbourne Beach. What’s a trip to Melbourne without getting out to the beach. Don’t worry about the season because it’s beautiful year-round. Practically no matter the time of year, Melbourne Beach is here to soak up and enjoy.
This certainly isn’t the end of the list of things to see and do in Melbourne. You can also take a thrill ride on an airboat to discover wild Florida. Or, hop onto a cart and race around at Andretti Thrill Park. For those more appreciative of the finer things in life, there’s always the Brevard Symphony Orchestra. On the other end of the spectrum are water activities. Take a sailing charter, a fishing charter, or just stroll along the beach.
Top 5 Tips For a Profitable Real Estate Investment
Any time you are interested in purchasing an investment property or a home, you must keep in mind the key factors that will affect the future price of your investment and whether it will generate a positive or negative return. The following are some tips on how to generate profits on your real estate investments.
1. Understand the market and factors that affect it. Location is often touted as the most important factor in real estate investing. There is truth to this, ignore it at your own peril. Remember, the neighborhood is very important to the value of your home, the quality of your home alone is not enough. Remodeling your house is achievable but you cannot alter the neighborhood. The appeal of a nice house will be negated if it is located in an undesirable neighborhood and this will remain that way for decades.
2. It is important to look out for neighborhoods expected to experience growth. Good signs of growth include the development of new infrastructure, schools or even retail spaces. Developers focus their projects on areas that they think have potential, if there is an upcoming development chance are a home you purchase will appreciate in value.
3. Be cognizant of local property taxes. You want to purchase a home in an area that does not make the cost of owning a house exorbitant. However, a location that has very low property taxes will experience low demand meaning equity growth will be slow.
4. Schools' rankings are also an area you should research. Regardless of whether you have children or not you should buy a home in an area that has highly ranked schools. This is so as you are able to find a buyer more quickly in the future if you decide to sell. A higher price is definitely in the offing if you will be selling to a family who needs to be in an area served by good schools.
5. Finally, pick a property near a metropolis. Even though you do not prefer living in a metropolitan area choose a house within the immediate suburbs. The rate of price appreciation will be higher and you will have convenient access to facilities such as hospitals, shopping malls, and good restaurants.
Getting The Most Out Of Your Real Estate Investments
You can earn quite a nice income with investing, but it is possible to lose money, too. The best way to keep from losing in this profitable market is to keep reading this article to get some great tips on seeking success and not falling into failure. Keep reading this article for more information.
Always try to find out what the local values. Finding out the neighbors are and mortgage values in a particular area can tell you more about a home's value than the financial statements.
Dedicate some of your time to learning about and making real estate investments. You must budget your time wisely if you want to make more money over the long haul. Ditch poker night or softball league that you have more time to hone your investing skills.
Stick to a niche that you feel comfortable with. You can have much more success by focusing on your market niche. Whether you specialize in flipping homes, low down payment investments, or starter homes, stick with the things you are familiar with.
Location is a vital aspect of the key factors in any real estate investing. Property condition and other factors do change. Properties that are located in rapidly depreciating locales will rarely be a wise investment. Know the areas around where you're buying a property.
Never assume that a property's value is just going to rise. This assumption can be quite dangerous in this market and any individual property. You should probably just stick with properties that deliver positive cash flow quickly. Property value appreciation will then add to your income and profits.
Clearly, investing in real estate is best when done according to sound advice. Read the tips over again to even be better at investing, and soon you will see a lot of money in your pocket. Let your friends and relatives know about how easy it is to make money in real estate.
Answering Your Home Security Questions Is Our Job
Keep reading for some invaluable home safe.
Always have the locks after moving into a new home. You never know how many keys by the previous owners made and handed out. Do the same thing if you misplace a key.
A good security system has other features than sounding the alarm during a break-in. Many systems sound an alert whenever anyone has entered your home. This can be useful if your small kids.
Comparison shopping is essential when seeking a home security system for the home. Get a quote from security system companies and compare features and services as well as monthly costs.
This helps to protect your home won't be a tinderbox.
Turn the ringers off on your phones if you will be away for a prolonged period of time. A phone which rings forever is a sign to burglars that you are not home and could increase the chances of you getting robbed.
Do not let people you don't know in your home. Even if this stranger has a believable story or is trying to sell you something, they need assistance or want to sell you something. This is the joint to see if there is home security.
See what your local police department has any home protection programs. They may offer neighborhood watch programs, home inspections, and other guidance about securing your house. Call the local police department and inquire as to what is available.
Keeping your car inside will prevent people from stealing or vandalizing or stealing it. This will also keep people from knowing your schedule.
It is important that you check your home security system periodically, you should have an annual test. Ask home security systems to take a look. You may not know there's an issue by yourself.
Make sure that your valuables cannot be seen from the home. Large windows let in a lot of light, but keep in mind that potential intruders will be tempted if they can see your valuables.
Replace rotten wood that surrounds your door frame that is rotting. An intruder could pry away that rotted wood and enter your home. Replace the rotting door frame with new wood to stay safe.
You can make your home by investing in some motion-activated exterior lighting. If the lights are positioned correctly on your home, the motion detectors make it virtually impossible for an intruder to sneak onto your property.
The concept of home security is important to most people. But, some people do not understand how to secure their homes and personal property. Hopefully, the tips included above will help you move toward a more secure lifestyle.
Money-Saving Tips For Your Personal Finances
Are you someone who spends more money than you can actually afford to spend? You should stop doing this today. This article will teach you ways to save your money in case of job loss, health problems, emergencies, or even for your retirement.
Create a bank account (or just set aside some money at home) that you will use only in emergencies. You don't want to spread your bank account thin and then have something unexpected happen that you can't possibly afford to pay. With your emergency account, you will have peace of mind knowing that you will be able to afford anything that comes your way.
There's no need to pay for a checking account especially if you are struggling financially. There are more than enough banks out there that will offer their clients checking accounts for no cost at all. Look around, compare banks, and then decide on the bank that will suit your needs the best. You may be surprised at how much money you can save simply by changing what bank you use.
Keep track of everything you spend money on. Take a look over this sheet and figure out what you can do to eliminate certain areas of your spending. By quitting a few of your spending habits, you will be able to save yourself a lot of money.
Credit card interest can really add up from month to month. If you have a large amount of credit card debt, don't simply pay off the minimum required amount each month. You should take off large chunks of your credit card debt whenever you can. This will reduce the amount you will have to pay in interest each month. You may have to be cheaper than usual when you spend on things you want to buy, but your bank account will be thanking you since you won't have to spend so much on interest each month.
To manage your money well, the key is to create a plan for yourself and then to actually stick to that plan. If you know what you're doing, you can save your money in a variety of different ways pretty easily. Use the knowledge you just learned from this article and apply it to your personal finances. Soon you will start to realize that you won't be scraping for money every month because you will be spending it smarter.